Here we go again. This week Texas Tech is the Big XII undefeated staring destiny in the face. Can the dread pirate Leach keep his team from walking the plank? How's that for a lead. Game on
Record to date:
ATS:27-25-1
SU:35-18
Notre Dame @ Boston College (-3.5)
Pick. ND WIN.
Both teams come into this game at 5-3. The Irish are coming off a painful 4 OT loss to Pitt that they really should have won. BC meanwhile is coming off a loss to the horribly mediocre Clemson. Each team could really use this win to get back on track. This is always a strange one. ND fans will always remember the '93 game while BC really really hates ND. Here's hoping the Irish play like they did in the 1st half against Pitt as opposed to the 2nd/OT. Look for Clausen to have another good day with my boy Floyd getting more than the 57 yds he needs to become the leader in all Freshman WR stats of merit in ND history.
#1 Alabama (-3) @ #16 LSU
Pick: Bama Cover.
Another barnburner in the SEC. If this was a night game in death valley, it may be enough to make me pick LSU. There are a whole lot of angry Tiger fans ready to tear Saban apart. I just don't think their team has enough to get by Bama's D.
#9 Oklahoma St. @ #2 Texas Tech(-3.5)
Pick: Tech cover
The Raiders aren't goin down this week. Oklahoma St's defense is susceptible to the pass. Not only that, Tech's D line got tons of pressure which should help them considerably. I dont think Tech will go undefeated, but I think OU is when they will drop, not this week.
#21 Cal @ #7 USC (-22.5)
Pick: USC cover.
Pete is pissed. They beat the hell out of UW last week and dropped in the BCS. I'm not saying they should be higher, but I can understand why he is pissed off. Expect SC to make an example out of Best and the rest of Cal.
Eh, that's it for this week. There arent really any other games that strike my fancy as they say, and I've got to go watch the Broncos Browns game. You know what to do, go get em.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
1) BC covers. I'd love to be wrong, but Charlie being worried about his team's emotional health scared me. I don't see them bouncing back.
2) LSU wins. I think LSU is tired of losing and the crowd's hatred for Saban will fuel their drunken rage in ways we cannot imagine.
3) Okie State to win. Fact: Tech played a near perfect game, absolutely perfect in the first half, last week while Texas played miserably. I really don't think Tech is all that hot, and this isn't a team that knows what it's like to be on top. Let the chaos begin.
4) Cal covers. I don't know why I keep betting against USC, but I think it has something to do with them being inconsistent and overrated. Plus I hate them.
1. BC Cover. I need this to happen if I have a hope of not losing my $20.
2. Bama cover.
3. Tech Cover.
4. Cal Covers.
1) Despite the fact that my weekly preview at fansknowbest.com has BC winning this game...there I need to be objective, here I can be a homer. ND WIN
2) Bama cover, LSU's overrated
3) TTU cover, Okie St. hangs with them for a half but just too much Crabtree and Harrell
4) Cal covers...not sure why I'm picking this but I've got a good feeling that SC's offense will struggle. SC wins, but ugly.
1. ND wins. I've been getting worse each week, so I'm tempted to pick against ND and hopefully my bad luck will continue (meaning ND wins), but i just can't do it.
2. Bama wins. Bama>Georgia>LSU. Kind of a stick-man argument, but I've got nothing else.
3. Tech covers. I agree with Eddie, I think Tech will lose eventually, it just won't be this week.
4. Cal cover, USC win. I can actually see USC dropping this game, and would probably pick them to lose at Berkeley, but I'll just have to go with a close game here.
Post a Comment