Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Week 10 results

Dashed hopes and dreams are the name of the game this week for a few teams. Well, for a few teams and my record...ugly. Here we go

Record thus far:
ATS:25-22-1
SU:33-15

Pittsburgh @ Notre Dame (-5)
Pick: ND Cover.
Result: 36-33 Pitt, 4OT, lose both. De-freaking-moralizing. I had a decent peg on this game too. I told you i was scared of McCoy and well...the kid lit us up. After a quiet 1st half, McCoy ended up w/ 169 on the ground. Pitt brought out some interesting formations on O as well, lots of "wildcat"esque plays throwing their various RB's behind center. I was also right about Michael Floyd continuing his absurd freshman campaign, this time going for 100 yds and 2 TDs on 10 catches. Golden Tate had a hell of a game as well, with 111 yds and 1 TD, including one of the most amazing catches I've seen this year.

How does he do that? I dont know, but it's awesome. While the Irish O looked great in the 1st half they absolutely collapsed in the 2nd. For some reason the line just looked like hell. Pitt was able to get incredible pressure when they were only bring four guys, sometimes just 3, and dropping everyone else back. Once the got to Jimmy a few times he reverted to his freshman problems of not checking down, happy feet, and getting over-excited. Either way, the D held strong in the late going, even Brandon Walker finally stepped up, making four big FG's. The main problem is the inability of the offense to get into the endzone once in the 4 opportunities. Just pathetic...

Texas (-4) @ Texas Tech
Pick: Tx cover
Result: 39-33 Tech. Lose both. What a freaking ballgame. Huge ramifications for this one as Texas Tech now steps into the drivers seat. Since they jumped up to 2 in the BCS it is highly likely if they win out, nobody (read the zombie led nittany lions) will be able to jump them. Texas was hurt early on when their manbeast Orakpo went down, and the refs certainly let the kids play, there wasn't a holding call in sight all night. But it came down to great players making great plays. Colt McCoy ran a great drive to give Texas the lead with just under a minute and a half left, but Grahm Harrel and Michael Crabtree answered the only way they know how...

Like Harrel said in the post game...you can't man up Crab. Seriously Muschamp...what in the hell are you thinking? That being said, you see the safety coming in late on the play, blown assignment? An even more painful play by the UT secondary was the potential dagger that was literally dropped the play before. UT just ran a hell of a gauntlet and the fact that they only lost on a last second TD shows you something about the team. Not only that, but only dropping to 4 in the BCS and their schedule finally giving way, they should have the inside track at an at large berth right now. Not too bad considering next year is supposed to be "the year."

Florida (-6) "@" Georgia.
Pick: Georgia WIN
Result: 49-10 Florida, Lose both. Well, I've been saying for weeks that Florida is being overrated while UGA is unfairly punished...I will shut up now. WOW this was a beatdown. Stafford looked horrible from the get go and the Gators just looked strong. That Florida-Bama showdown should be quite the ballgame.

Miami @ UVA (-2.5)
Pick: Miami WIN
Result: 24-17 Miami in OT. Win both. YAYYYYYYY I did it yayyyyyy. Admittedly I know nothing about this game, all I know is it's the only one I got right so far, so that makes me happy. Wow the ACC is ugly this year.

Washington @ USC (-45)
Pick: USC cover
Result: 56-0 USC, win both. Man, this was just mean. And USC let up too, the score was 42-0...at HALFTIME!! Carrol pulled up on the reigns mightly in a game that could've probably been 90-0. Just ugly in Washington, I feel bad for their students since I've been throught what they are going through. Luckily you are almost out of the woods Husky fans, the bad man will be gone soon.

Record this week:
ATS: 2-3
SU: 2-3

Record to date:
ATS:27-25-1
SU:35-18

Sadly my quality from last week faded in violent fashion. How'd you kids do?

Johnny Chan:
Record this week: ATS: 1-4 SU:1-4 Record to date: ATS: 30-22-1 SU: 38-15

David:
Record this week: ATS:1-4 SU:2-3 Record to date: ATS: 18-27-1 SU: 28-18

Matt:
Record this week: ATS: 4-1 SU: 4-1 Record to date: Matt: ATS: 23-29-1 SU: 31-22

Judson:
Record this week: ATS: 0-5 SU: 2-3 Record to date: ATS: 21-21-1 SU 30-13

Wow that was an ugly week all around...except for Matt. Well played there Rigney, your plan to make up some points treated you quite well. Until next time kiddies.

0 comments: