Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Week 6 picks

So I'm hoping this is the week that I go 5-0. Why you ask? Well, primarily because I'm going to Vegas this weekend and plan on putting actual cash money on these games. So let's see what I'll be using to live it up Nick Papagorgio style.

Stanford @ ND (-7)
Pick: ND cover. Homerism aside, the ND offense is finally rolling. Last week's 3rd qtr was one of the best played quarters of football I've seen the Irish play in quite awhile. Not only did Jimmy hit 3 different WR's for a TD with a 4th (my boy Floyd) go for 100 yards, but Armando Allen put up a career high on the ground as the Irish line finally opened up some holes. Plus, while Jim Harbaugh scares me physically, he still coaches Stanford...wear it trees

#23 Oregon @ #9 USC (-17)
Pick: SC covers violently. This could be a near infinite line and I would still pick it. USC coming off an embarrasing loss, as the only game on national TV at the time, to an unranked oppenent, with Oregon coming in banged up...Pete Carrol is going to send a message and it will be one of pain and woe if you are an Oregon or Nike fan. Dont be surprised if Malauga breaks bones on Saturday.

#13 Auburn (-4.5) @ #19 Vanderbilt
Pick: Auburn cover. The fact that there is a number in front of Vandy's name (and a 0 in the loss column after 2 conference games already) absolutely blows my mind. They've played well this year, but I think that Auburn will take care of business and send Vandy on a tailspin. (sorry Sadie)

#14 Ohio St (-2) @ #18 Wisconsin
Pick: OSU covers. Wisconsin got embarrased last week in the 2nd half against Michigan. Ohio St has had their problems, but Pryor looked good and their O seems to be clicking with him at the helm. Granted this has been against inferior talent but I think it's a trend and the Buckeyes will rebound.

#5 Texas (-14)@ Colorado
Pick: Texas cover. Admittedly I've been going back and forth on this one. I definitely think UT wins here, but the line is a lil large for me in a game that I could see Texas opening slow due to looking past to the Red River Shootout next weekend. At the same time, Texas has been scoring like madmen this year, just under 50 points a game, while averaging only giving up just under 11. Plus some residual anger over the whole Darell Scott thing and the desire to send a message to OU (who will be murdering Baylor) leads me to take the Horns over the spread.

So there it is, this week is a big one since I plan on betting on these games with real money and not just the psuedo cash on centsports. If you have been playing along all year, keep it up. If you haven't but want to, feel free to join in now. Just click where it says (#) Comments at the bottom of the post and make some picks. It's fun for the whole family. Go get em, Vegas Baby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) ND to Cover

2) SC to Cover - Oregon has too many injuries to hang with an angry SC team

3) Vandy to win - Auburn's offense is the definition of pathetic.

4) Ohio State to cover - Battle of overrated Big 10 teams, Wisco's more overrated.

5) Texas to cover - Colorado just doesn't have enough on defense.

Unknown said...

ND covers. Stanford has been an utter disappointment all year.

USC covers for aforementioned reasons.

Vandy to WIN. Auburn is overrated, Vandy is underrated. They're playing like men on a mission.

Wisco to WIN. Last week was a fluke. If anything, look past to this week. For the same reason USC violently covers, Wisco wins. That and Ohio State is dogshit.

Texas covers. We're a-comin' for ya, Sooners.

TB said...

ND cover -
If ND is actually starting to be able to throw the ball (as they evidently have) then 7 at home isn't much to give up to Stanford.

USC cover -
At home, pissed off

Vandy straight up -
going out on a limb here

Wisconsin, straight up -
maybe another limb but for the same reasons, at home, pissed off, and I absolutely hate Ohio State.

Texas Cover -
I'm also on the fence about the 14 points, but oh well. McCoy is ballin-out-of-control right now and Sergio is going to hit somebody in the mouth.

Matt Rigney said...

1. Stanford cover
2. USC cover
3. Sad-ie. Auburn cover
4. Wisc win
5. Colorado win. I will never pick texas to win.

David Lawrence said...

ND covers - If we don't win by 17, i will be pretty disappointed

Oregon Covers, USC wins - I'm torn by this game. On the one hand I think USC wants to unleash hell on the other school from Oregon, but on the other hand, I don't think their offense is that "great." We'll see though...

Auburn covers. I want to pick Vandy for Sadie and for my love of underdogs, but I just don't see it happening.

Wisconsin wins. Wisconsin is 16-0 at home under Bielema. 17-0 after tonight.

Colorado covers, Texas wins. Only because it is a home game for Colorado. Wouldn't be surprised if UT wins by 30 though either.