I know I haven't talked a ton of baseball on here, but that's mainly due to the fact that the Braves were pretty much out of it by the time I started this bad boy. In the interest of fair disclosure I'm posting this after game 1 of the PHI-MIL series has been played. Anyway, off we go
NLDS1:
Philadelphia Phillies vs Milwaukee Brewers:
Pick: Phili 3-1. I think the Phillies have too many bats to get beat here. CC definitely wins game 2, but I dont think there will be enough time to get him back up for a game 4 start at full strength.
NLDS2:
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Chicago Cubs:
Pick: Cubs 3-1. I hate the Cubs, they annoy me, their fans really annoy me, WGN annoys me, the ivy on the wall annoys me. But all that said, they've got a hell of a team this year and will definitely get by LA.
NLCS:
Philiadelphia vs Chicago
Pick: Phili 4-3. A lot of this is based upon hatred of the Cubs and wanting them to continue to not make it to the World Series. I also see Zambrano having one of his mental breakdowns after giving up a 3 run bomb to Ryan Howard...trust me, it's coming.
ALDS1:
Boston Red Sox vs Los Angeles Angels of California United States in North America upon Earth
Pick: 3-1 LAA. The Angels had the best record in the regular season for a reason, probably the most complete team in the game now.
ALDS2:
Tampa Bay Rays vs Chicago White Sox
Pick: Rays 3-2. Inexplicably the Rays are good this year, that has never happened before...literally. The White Sox come in after an emotional play-in win but while they put up a fight I see the young Rays feeding purely off energy for the win.
ALCS:
Angels vs Rays
Pick: Angels 4-1. Again, I think the Angels are the best team out there. Good starters, awesome lineup (Vladi and Teixiera alone are terrifying) and the best closer out there in K Rod. Plus, at this point the Rays will be in "happy to be there" mode.
World Series:
Philies vs Angels
Pick: Angels 4-2. Since the Philies are going the distance in the NLCS in my hypothetical playoff scenario here the Angels will have plenty of time to rest up and set their rotation as they want. Too much talent to beat Danny Glover's boys.
Also, in addition to picking the Angels, they are also the team I'm rooting for now. I've always loved Vladi, I'm completely in awe of K Rod, and while I hated losing Teixiera I enjoyed having him on the Braves and wish him well.
That's all I've got, feel free to leave your own predictions and make fun of mine. Play Ball!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
1. Phils over Brew Crew
2. Cubs over Manny Ramirez featuring the Los Angeles Dodgers
3. Cubs over Phils
4. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of North America (formerly Pangea) of the Earth and Cosmos & Beyond (LAAANA(FP)ECB) over BoSox
5. Rays over Palehoes
6. LAAANA(FP)ECB over Rays
7. Cubbies over LAAANA(FP)ECB
Post a Comment