Another week another game of Texas playing a top 10 team to keep their title hopes alive. Combine that with the cocktail party in Jacksonville and there are some fun games this weekend. One last one that just amuses me is that the lame duck Radio period begins with a game against USC...What's the biggest win in NCAA history, this could be up there. The scoreboard over --> (or to the right, not sure where the arrow will end up) shows that we've got quite the lil contest goin so far. If you havent joined in the fun yet feel free to jump in this week on the comments. Who doesn't wanna see their name on a scoreboard? Off we go
Record thus far:
ATS:25-22-1
SU:33-15
Pittsburgh @ Notre Dame (-5)
Pick: ND Cover. As always I'm going to pick the Irish, we know this by now. HOWEVAH this makes sense. The O is clicking nicely right now and the D was absolutely dominant last week, giving up only 120 yards and only giving up a late garbage time TD w/ the 2nd string in. The only thing that scares me is ND has gotten torn up on the ground before, and McCoy is a hell of a running back. Luckily the Wannestache is still across the field so they may end up throwing all game, who knows. Either way, cover city, and expect Floyd to have another game w/ at least 75 yds and a TD.
#1 Texas (-4) @ #7 Texas Tech
Pick: Texas cover. A very small line here, I was expecting one similar to last week's against Okie St. Yes, Tech put up a ton of points on Kansas last weekend. I still cant get the near loss to Nebraska and the ugly game against Tx A&M out of my head. Not only that, but Tech hasn't done anything to show they have a D and Colt is playing like a robot right now. Dude is playing out of his head, gotta assume he's gonna get the ball to Cosby and Shipley at will again. I like the Horns by 10-14 here. Oh, as a bonus, Chris and Lindsay say they have a bet on this game where the loser will dress in the opponents gear and sing their fight song. This will then allegedly be videotaped. If this happens, expect to see it here.
#8 Florida (-6) "@" #6 Georgia (neutral site Jacksonville)
Pick: Georgia WIN. I haven't been able to figure this out all season long. Why did people let Florida off the hook so easily for their loss to Ole Miss?? I really dont get it. The AP poll has Florida at 5...5?!?! with Georgia below them...I want to be validated this weekend, Knowshon (163 last week), do me proud.
Miami @ Virginia (-2.5)
Pick: Miami win. Admittedly the slate isnt as full of good games this weekend. Plus the sight of Miami playing underdog to UVA just blows my mind. The ACC is a cesspool of mediocre this year, expect this game to be similar with Randy Shannon's boys gettin the job done behind their freshman QB.
Washington @ #5 USC (-45)
Pick: USC cover. This pick is part schadenfreude, part my amusement with large lines. Southern Cal had a 43 point line against Washington St and covered it my 3 TDs. If ND was able to put the beat down they put on UW last week when they werent even playing their best ball, think of what SC will do while trying to keep their name in the Title picture. Plus, for some reason I dont see too much gameplanning being done this week in Ty's war room. Have you seen the weather lately? Tee times galore.
Go get em kids. I'm thinking about writing up some NBA thoughts and predictions, if interested check back sometime in the next few days for it.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
1) Irish cover clearly, for the reasons you mention plus, is there really any way that a defense that tripled Mike Teel's TD total in one game can handle Clausen/Floyd/Tate.
2) Texas cover, I think TT keeps this close but 4 is just too small of a line.
3) Georgia to win, UF is vastly overrated
4) UVA to cover, just can't bring myself to take da U if its even remotely reasonable to take the other side.
5) SC to cover, although with Ty gone I do want to see UW somehow win this game now that it can't help him due to the utter pain and misery it would cause the Poodle
1. ND cover.
2. Tech wins. I don't know why, i just have some weird feeling about this one. Watch Texas blow them out now.
3. Georgia win. I agree w/ the Florida being overrated argument. Granted USC and Florida are ridiculously talented, but you shouldn't lose games to mediocre teams. While they are being punished a bit by the BCS computers, I think pollsters are shortsighted to ignore their losses at this point in the season.
4. UVa cover. They seem to be rolling lately. And Miami is, well Miami. Vegas seems to know something here, so I'll just go with them.
5. Washington cover, USC win. Its not that i don't think USC can and will hang 50 or 60 on U-Dub...its just that if Ty proves us wrong and somehow only loses by 39, he wouldn't have fucked me over by not losing by enough. And if i'm wrong? Just another demoralizing loss for Ty, which is a nice consolation prize.
I need to make up some ground so here goes:
1. Pitt win
2. TTU win
3. Dogs win.
4. Miami win.
5. Yikes. I don't like either possibility. USC cover, though I hope it doesn't happen because it would cause people to think USC is better than they are and rank them higher even though they lost to a community college.
1) Irish to cover.
2) Texas cover.
3) Florida wins, Georgia covers.
4) Virginia covers. Not sure why. I like to be different.
5) Washington covers in garbage time. And USC is erratic. Plus, they aren't gameplanning either.
Post a Comment