Thursday, June 26, 2008

pre-draft thoughts/predictions

Hey kids,
First off, I can't believe Fresno Freaking State won the NCAA CWS last night. They were a 4 seed in their regional...which in bball would be a 13-16 seed. They used every possible loss in Omaha, and yet still pulled the upset. Nuts, congrats to them.
If you know me, you know i have an absurd love of drafts. Well tonight is the NBA draft, and I'm pretty pumped. I'm realllllyyyyy hoping the Spurs make a pick of someone who can play next year, preferably someone I've heard of, and if he's still on the board for the love of Sean Elliot DRAFT CDR. Roberts was a supposed lottery pick at the start of the year, and now mock drafts have him dropping all the way to 30. If he's still there PLEASE take him, we need a more serviceable backup to Tim than the corpse of Robert Horry.
Here are a few predictions I have on what will happen, will score it at the end of the night:
~Even if Beasley gets drafted at the 2 spot he will NEVER suit up for the Heat.
~Portland will be involved in at least 3 trades today. (BTW, they have 5 draft picks today....5, normally you have a 12 man roster. just ponder that for a sec)
~DJ Augustin will be drafted by the Kings at 12 (yah he could go before, but he definitely will not drop past 12)
~Eric Gordon is gonna get drafted way too low for his skill
~This random Italian Galardi guy will not be good
~The Knicks fans will boo their pick.
~Spike Lee will be interviewed for no reason
~Steven A Smith will yell at us for a long time tonight.

Thoughts, predictions of your own, wanna make fun of me, feel free. I'll be back w/ some thoughts during the draft.

0 comments: