Back again for another week, sadly the slate isn't nearly as good as last week's. Admittedly this week is gonna be a bit SEC heavy, but so it goes. As always feel free to play along in the comments. Thanks for making the picks clear last week, let's keep that up. If you've been playing along the scoreboard is up in the top right, if you haven't played yet come on in, the water's fine. To the games:
ND @ MSU (-9)
Pick: Clearly ND upset. The cover will be easy, 9 seems a little high to me. Admittedly I'm scared of MSU's running ability after the amount of yards we gave up on the ground to Michigan (or McGuffie that is). HOWEVAHHHHH, ND's Oline has been excellent in the pass block, JC is yet to be sacked. Not only that but the Irish have 2 deep threats in Tate and Floyd and Duval Kamara showed he actually can catch the ball. I really wanted to find the clip of the MSU radio guy, Mike Valenti, going ballistic but it appears to be gone from the interwebs...sad
Florida (-7.5) @ Tennessee:
Pick: Are you kidding, Florida to cover easy. If it was Florida -15 I'd still pick them no doubt. Florida is very good....Tennessee lost to UCLA, who in turn lost to BYU 59-0....Florida will kill them.
LSU (-3) @ Auburn:
Pick: LSU cover. After the abortion of a game Auburn put on last week with Miss St. I don think I will pick them ever this year. And I will spare you the "Well I know this, the Tigers are gonna win Saturday yukyukyukyuk" line that I'm sure will be heard throughout the media many many times this week.
Alabama (-10) @ Arkansas:
Pick: Bama cover. Hey Nick Saban Roll Tide. The young Tide team has a lot of talent while Arkansas lost most of their big guns. Makes for an easy pick for me.
Wake Forest @ FSU (-4)
Pick: Wake to WIN. I don't trust Florida St this year...hell I dont trust the ACC on the whole. But I like Al Groh, think he's a good coach and has a solid program going. That and who knows how many Noles will get arrested between now and Saturday.
There you have it, get to work kiddies. Go Irish!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Looking past your oversight of the lock of the year to date (OSU???), I'll give it a whirl.
ND +9
Tenn +7.5
LSU -3
Bama -10
Wake +4
You do any NFL or just college?
I feel like a lot of my picks thus far have been lucky (aside from the horrible decision to think UCLA was a good football team).
- ND to win...i really wish i could be impartial here...but i think we are a pretty decent team, thus should win. it concerns me b/c it is the first game on the road, but a few bombs to tate should clear up these concerns.
- Florida to cover. I really wish Florida would lose every single game they play in, unfortunately I don't see that happening many times this year, if at all.
- Auburn with the upset. Last week was a look-ahead game. LSU makes too many mistakes in this game, and Auburn wins.
- Bama covers. If Arkansas still had Darren McFadden and Felix Jones back, and Mallet was allowed to play so he could throw full kegs to the fifty while on his knees in the endzone, then my pick would be different. But it isn't.
- FSU cover. Bowden isn't going to let his team lose until Paterno does. This is an uphill battle for Bowden though, since JoePa has been dead for 17 years...
Hate doing this since its really boring but I'm with you on all of your picks...
Btw, here's the radio rant
http://houserockbuilt.blogspot.com/2006/09/msu-radio-host-melts-fucking-down-on.html
ND to cover
Florida to cover
LSU to cover
Arkansas to cover
Florida State to cover
Late to the game, as usual...
ND to cover, MSU to win. Defensive questions for the Irish abound. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.
Floooorida to cover
Auburn to win--I rarely take SEC teams on the road
Arkansas to cover, Alabama wins. Arkansas just sucks too much, but this will be a defensive struggle per the SEC usual
FSU to cover
Post a Comment