Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week 2 thoughts and predictions

Week 1 was pretty amusing, but a few teams did some things to make me think they wont be around for the long run. First off is Missouri...yah they put up a ton of points, but any team that lets Juice Williams throw for 5 TD's has some issues to shore up on D. Especially in this year's O happy Big XII, I think they could be in trouble. Georgia also seems to be losing starters at an alarming rate, granted as long as they have Knowshon theyll be good, but in the SEC you cant really afford to lose too many guys.

But that's the past, now is the future. Let's pick some games shall we. As always lines are from centsports, feel free to play along in the comments, I will track your picks along w/ mine

Record to date:
ATS: 3-4
SU: 3-4

SDSU @ ND (-22):
Pick: ND to cover. Come on...like there was any doubt I was picking ND to cover. Aside from me being a huge homer, SDSU just lost to Cal Polytech...that doesn't even sound like a real school. Cover city here we come

WVU (-8) @ ECU
Pick: ECU cover, WVU win. ECU impresesd me last week, and I think Bill Stewart is in over his head. Go get em Skip.

Miami @ Florida (-21)
Pick: Florida to cover. UF looked dirty against Hawaii last week, throw in the fact that they hate the U and Harvin is expected to play...yikes.

Now we can do some requests, cause there aren't that many great games...so:

San Jose St @ Nebraska (-27)
Pick: Nebraska to cover. Marlon Lucky will go off, O wasn't the problem for the Huskers last year and Bo Pelini oughta have the Blackshirts back up to form. Plus, if I didn't pick them Linds would be mad at me...and she scares me a lil bit.

Stanford @ Arizona St (-14)
Pick: ASU cover. I like Jim Harbaugh, I really do, but I don't think Stanford's D is good enough to stop the Sun Devil O, look for Carpenter to put up big #s.

Texas Tech (-11) @ Nevada
Pick: Tech cover. I dont understand why this line is so low, I know Tech still gives up too many points but are you kidding me? Nevada? They may run the pistol but i'm expecting Crabtree to be puttin the guns up at least 3 times this weekend.

So there you go, come play along in the comments. Remember I'm tracking both the record against the spread and straight up, so make sure I can tell if you are picking an underdog if it is to win or just to cover. Thanks

More importantly, in just a few short hours I will be back in Notre Dame Stadium. 9 wins this year for the Irish, there you go, I'm now on the record. The O will be MUCH improved with a much better line and Michael Floyd will be a household name by week 5. Good night, Go Irish!

4 comments:

David Lawrence said...

- ND to cover, bigtime against SDSU...ditto eddie's comments. In fact, if we don't either put up 35 points, win by 4 TDs, or both, i think I'll be pretty upset.

- ECU to win. ECU looked good, and I think they are undefeated against OOC BCS schools the past 3 years or something like that.

- Miami to cover. This is an emotional pick (always a bad idea), but I am hoping that Florida isn't as good as everybody thinks they are. Dumb pick, but its not for real money...

- Nebraska to cover. If this were my dynasty on NCAA Football 06 when I guided the mighty Spartans to glory, this would be different...but its not.

-ASU to cover

-Tech to cover (no comments on the last two b/c a) i don't have anything terribly intersting to say & b) i should probably pay attention in class again)

Matt Rigney said...

Same as you, Eddie, except:

SDSU to win










Just kidding.

-WVU to cover
-SJ State to cover (Sorry, Linds. Please don't hurt me.)
-Stanford to cover

Unknown said...

Not the kind of shout-out I had in mind for my boys... I'm not nearly as football-savvy as you so I can't comment too knowledgeably on your other picks. However, I think Harbaugh's really starting to get it together so I pick Stanford to win by at least 1 TD.

Also, as football illiterate as I am, wouldn't you agree that your first pick is a bit obvious? I mean, even given ND's record last year, it IS San Diego State...

Unknown said...

Same as Dr. Carry, though I'm very inclined to pick SDSU to cover. I don't think they have a snowball's chance in Hell, but 22 points is a lot and it reeks of something happening in garbage time. But it's too early to stray from the crowd.
...
Fuck it, SDSU to cover. Sorry.