Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Week 3 picks with a healthy dose of WEAR IT MICHIGAN!!!!!

So week 3 is in the books and I survived the monsoon at Notre Dame stadium to watch the Irish beat the hell out of Michigan in what could be best described as sloppy. Anyway, I'll put some random thoughts on the week up later, for now, let's do the damn thing.

Record to date:
ATS: 6-7
SU: 8-5

Mich (-2.5) @ ND:
Pick: ND Win
Result:35-17 ND, win both. ND took advantage of Michigan's newfound allergy to pigskin to win this game. Golden Tate had quite the coming out party and the O-line was able to keep their mulleted QB unscathed for a 2nd straight game. Michigan looked real sloppy but, Sam McGuffie is gonna be real good for a long time. The fact that he is only a freshman scares the hell out of me.

OSU @ USC (-11)
Pick: OSU cover, SC win
Result: 35-3 USC. Win SU, lose ATS. In my defense, my pick was made BEFORE Wells was declared out. But WOW does SC look good. Hard to believe anyone left on their schedule will give them a real test (until Thanksgiving that is).

Kansas @ USF (-3.5)
Pick: USF Cover
Result: 37-34 USF, Win SU, Lose ATS. A great ball game, sadly the spread got me...how does Vegas always know?

UCLA @ BYU (-8)
Pick: UCLA upset
Result: 59-0 BYU...Lose both...Umm, yah...Mormons still scare me. Wow was I wrong.

SMU @ TxTech (-36.5)
Pick: SMU Cover, Tech Win
Result: 43-7 Tech. Win both. Again Vegas was spot on, this time I scraped by just barely thanks to a garbage time TD. Harrell had 5 TDs passing compared to Bo Levi's 5 picks.

Record now:
ATS: 8-10
SU: 12-6

And for those playing the home game:
Johnny Chan:
ATS: 10-8
SU:13-5

Matt:
ATS:8-10
SU:10-8

David:
ATS: 7-4
SU:9-2

Judson (note, only SC and Tech games were counted as those are the ones I know came after the post. Not that I doubt you, merely on principle)
ATS:5-3
SU:7-1

Thanks for playing and as always, we will have some more games later this week. If other people are reading this, feel free to jump in the game at any time, it's fun for the whole family.

0 comments: