Thursday, November 12, 2009

Week 11 College Football Picks

So as you already know, there was no pick recap post from this week. If you read my rant from Sunday, you should already know why it didn't happen. I've been too angry to go back and write about the Navy game, it was absolutely horrendous. On top of that, I put up a brutal 1-4. The scoreboard has been updated on the right if you are wondering where you stand. So let's get to the picks from this week's at best, decent slate. First a reminder/request: if you are going to pick, please pick them all. Also, these are the lines (from here), so pick those, no making up lines.

#16 Utah @ #4 TCU (-19.5)
Pick: Utah +19.5
TCU has played good ball this year, but a 3 score favorite against another top 25 team? I don't think so. I think this game will be a little closer, and who knows, maybe this week will be the week TCU gets their dreams crushed.

Stanford @ #9 USC (-10.5)
Pick: Stanford +10.5
I'm making this pick pretty much solely based on the good old transitive property of football. Oregon beat USC by 27. Stanford beat Oregon by 9. Clearly Stanford will beat USC by 36. MATH!

#10 Iowa @ #11 Ohio St (-17)
Pick: Iowa +17
Now Iowa lost their QB Stanzi last week EARLY in their loss to Northwestern. Stanzi is slated to sit this weekend too. While that should mean an easy win for the Buckeyes, I don't think there is a Big TenLeven team I could ever pick to cover a 17 point spread. Wayyyyy too many.

Texas Tech @ #19 Oklahoma St (-4)
Pick: Texas Tech (+4)
What can I say, we are just flat out due for a Mike Leach pirate game. Still no Dez Bryant, let's get crazy.

Notre Dame @ #12 Pittsburgh (-7)
Pick: ND +7
It's simple, if Charlie wants to stick around, this game is pretty much a must win. Beyond that, Pitt is up to 8-1 sure, but who have they beat? Youngstown St, Buffalo, Navy (too soon? too soon), Louisville, UConn, Rutgers, Cuse, S. Florida. Not a great lineup right there. ND is going to come out angry, and last I checked, Pit doesn't run the triple option. Plus, surely Weis can beat the Wannestache right?

There they are, go get em folks.

5 comments:

the Senator said...

I'll take...

fuck it, I got burned last week.

Matt Rigney said...

1. Battle of the Bibles, Middle East vs. Mexico or some crazy shit from a gold parchment I think. I'll Take the Joseph Smiths + 19.5. There is no way that (1) The Crusaders are ranked correctly and (2) a 15-25 ranked team should get three scores to another 15-25 ranked team.

2. Hmmm. 10 I'll lay the points, but at 10.5.... I'll still lay the points. USC - 10.5

3. Iowa + 17. Those fat corn eaters are angry.

4. This is tough. I want to take Tech, but my head says take OSU. OSU - 4.

5. Pitt - 7. I'll never pick ND again.

Unknown said...

Utah
USC
Ohio State
OSU
Pitt

Ryan said...

Damn Eddie, all dogs this week? Bold move my friend.

1) TCU - The spotlight is firmly on Ft Worth and TCU has been waiting for it. They play amazing defense, and this year their offense has been coming up rather big too. I'm going to take the huge cover on this one. This is their last chance to make a big impression on the voters and it won't go to waste.

2) Stanford - Forget the transitive property, USC just isn't that good. If ND could run on USC (well...when we actually ran), so can Stanford. They should be able to keep it within the line or even possibly win.

3) Iowa - Good lord, 17? Iowa is playing for the Rose Bowl for crying out loud. Downed starting QB or not, this game won't be a blowout.

4) OK State - I honestly don't get how the line is as close as it is. TT hasn't been impressive at all, and I definitely can't see it happening on the road.

5) ND - It's make or break time. I'm not sure if the Irish will win, but I sure as hell believe we are going to be in for another wild ride. This game will be kept close and who knows, we may just finally get that long awaited win against a top-ten team in another last second Clausen victory drive.

Unknown said...

1. TCU. Statement game.
2. Stanford. Trees own the Pac-10
3. Iowa
4. Okie State
5. Pitt. Sorry.