Thursday, April 8, 2010

Guess who's back?

Hey kids, It's been so long. There hasn't been a post on this site since last November. Seriously...it's been about 5 months. This is pretty unacceptable. There are a few excuses I could give you. Sure, I have a second site that allows for much shorter posts that I've used pretty exclusively in the interim for everything from quick thoughts on sports to my daily NBA book it picks. There's the fact that I spend an inordinate amount of time on Twitter (@NDEddieMac if interested) that also lets me get most of my thoughts out. But really, Notre Dame football killed this blog last year. In fact, when I signed back onto this blog, there were still 2 drafts waiting for me that I could never get around to finishing. The coaching search was insanely tumultuous but eventually landed with the best available candidate. To be perfectly honest, at the time I was too angry to write coherently. I tried a few times, I don't think any of them came out particularly well.

My weekly College picks also fell by the wayside because trying to pick games meant thinking about games, which only made me angrier as the season went on. I do apologize to those who had participated all year. I doubt anybody was too broken up about their disappearance, but I used Notre Dame's losing and the end of the semester as an excuse to shut the thing down. So if you were one of those, I'm sorry. That was pretty hack, and there really is no excuse for it.

So why start back up now? Well, for starters, there is a whole lot of stuff that is relevant to my interests coming up. The Braves had their opening day this week. The Spurs are closing out the regular season and have clinched a spot in the playoffs (even though I don't see them lasting very long, which I'll talk about soon enough). Notre Dame has their Blue&Gold game in the next coming weeks. Even the NFL Draft is right around the corner. Of course, much like last semester's demise, Law finals are also right around the corner. Following that will be graduation and the Bar Exam. However, I think there should still be ample time to try and get back in the game. I'm not saying there is gonna be any actual schedule to these posts, because let's be serious, I'd just break it. But I wanted to bring this thing back to life because as of right now I want to write a post on: 1) Where the Spurs stand going into the playoffs, 2) The beginning of the Atlanta Braves season and super rookie Jason Heyward, 3) keeping an even keel while looking at info on Notre Dame's spring practices, how Coach Kelly is changing things, and how the team is looking next for year. This is one of the most exciting times in sports, so I will probably throw in some broad bullet point posts too, just because those are always fun. Hell, I may even get into my newfound following of soccer (I'm as surprised as you). So yeah, the site isn't dead, it's just out of it's protective custody holding for now. Have a good one kids, see you soon.

0 comments: