So last week the lowest score anybody had was 2-3, I'm gonna call this a sign of improvement kids. Let's see if we can't all go over .500 this week shall we? Not a fantastic slate, but a couple that could be very intriguing. Game on
Vanderbilt @ #1 Florida (-35)
Pick: UF -35
Haven't had a big line game in awhile, so why not. This game has been talked about quite a bit thanks to Brandon Spikes' eye gouging and subsequent self-punishment for the full game. While Spikes is very clearly the best player on the Florida D, the unit as a whole is still very good. The O finally found some legs last week against Georgia. Finally, let's be serious, Vandy is miserable, they're gonna get stomped.
#24 Oklahoma (-6) @ Nebraska
Pick: Nebraska +6
OU is in the death spiral already, and their O has been horrible. Nebraska's O is also abhorrent, but they've still got something to play for in the Big XII North (aka Big II aa). This is gonna be a defensive battle without much scoring, meaning you take the points. Plus, now that Ndamukong Suh has been "punished" but will be playing, the Huskers are in good shape. If there is one thing you can say for the Big XII, they certainly have the funniest driving mishaps in the country. Sergio Kindle runs into an apartment complex while "texting at around 2 AM on a Saturday" Suh goes pinball on a bunch of cars "avoiding a cat at 2:30AM on a Sunday" hilarious. Here's hoping we get a story on Zac Robinson "rear ending a guy while adjusting his radio" or something soon, cause these are great.
#16 Ohio St @ #11 Penn St (-4)
Pick: PSU -4
What can I say, I just really don't trust Pryor yet. The dude is a turnover time bomb, and Penn St has a fantastic D, giving up just over 9 points a game. Expect Evan Royster to get a lot of carries for PSU in this one, coming off of 3 straight 100 yd games (it would be 5, but he just missed with a mere 94 against E. Illinois...on 8 carries). Plus, sweatervests dont repel Zombies, if the highest paid mascot in the NCAA can make it across the field, Tressel could be in trouble.
#9 LSU @ #3 Alabama (-7.5)
Pick: LSU +7.5
That damn half point. At 7 I take Bama, most likely expecting a push. As always the oddsmakers are in my soul. I think this is gonna be a close ballgame. LSU has won 5 of the last 6 against Bama, but I don't know if Jordan Jefferson has enough firepower to get by Bama's ridiculous D. On the other side, LSU also has a fantastic D. Between the guy that should win the Heisman right now, Mark Ingram, and the ever dangerous Julio Jones, Bama's got more weapons on O than LSU and I think will end up taking a close, hard fought battle here in a game that will push them up to #2 in the country.
Navy @ #22 Notre Dame (-12)
Pick: ND -12
While ND couldn't pull off the cover last weekend, 12 is a much more manageable spread. Don't expect this to be too much of a beatdown tho. Navy will stay on the ground, burning clock, and the last thing Weis is gonna do is run the score up on a service academy. That being said, the Irish O is absurdly good, and, answering my prayers, the Cannon, Michael Floyd, will be back for limited action. Now he isn't gonna be on the field for every play, but just having #3 back out there is freaking fantastic. Sadly, Armando Allen is still banged up, and may be limited, while Trevor Robinson is definitely out. Still, ND shouldn't have trouble putting up points. On the flip side, while ND isn't gonna be mentioned w/ the Bama's of the world in terms of defense, they actually are very effective at stopping the run. While Navy's option attack can scare teams a bit since you will only see it once a year, I'd much rather know a team is gonna run it 40 times a game then have to worry about if our secondary came out after a pregame gasoline shower ready to get torched by WRs.
So there they are kids, ABC. A= Always, B= Be, C= Closing, ALWAYS be closing! Let's make some money and pick some winners this week. Go get em.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Bama at -3, Notre Dame at -7 (Navy is sort of good this year). I'll take the line on OU at -6.
1. Fighting Jesuses-35
2. Fighting Lindsays + 6
3. Fighting JoePas - 4
4. Bama - 7.5
5. Fighting Stereotypes - points.
1. Vandy. Too many points
2. Nebraska
3. Penn State
4. LSU
5. Navy
I'll take...
Florida
Nebraska
Penn State
LSU
ND
I'd also like to add a "whoa, sir." Alabama has more weapons on offense than LSU?!?! I'll give you that Mark Ingram at RB beats LSU's entire RB corps, but J. Jones doesn't beat Lafell and Tolliver, not to mention Holliday, Russell Shepard, and a developing Randle with Dickson at TE. Bama's D is just so good that it may not really matter. Also, Jefferson looked like he was going to sh*t his pants against Florida, so I'm definitely more concerned with his ability to get it to his weapons. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox...
Dear Senator,
You don't get to make up your own lines, you have to pick the ones we all do, come on now.
I thought this was a democracy for chrissakes!
Same picks, but I want half of my pride refunded.
1) Vandy - 35 is just far, far too much for me to take.
2) OU - Yeah OU is struggling, but uh, so is Nebraska.
3) Penn State - mostly because I don't trust Ohio State.
4) LSU - this should be a very close game
5) ND - We did quite well against the last option like attack against Nevada, I expect a similar result and big win.
David L's Picks via Cali:
Vandy +35
Neb + 6
PSU -4
LSU +7.5
ND -12
My picks
florida
ou
lsu
Penn st
nd
Nothing like last minute...
1. Vandy
2. OU
3. Penn State
4. LSU
5. ND
Post a Comment