Well, another week, same result. It appears I'm destined to go 2-3 from here on out. Let's do this shall we?
Georgia @ #1 Florida (-14.5) (Game in Jacksonville)
Pick: UGA +14.5
Result: 41-17 Florida: Loss
Well, the Gators finally decided to put it all together. In a game that featured quite a bit of chippiness and led to some suspensions for super stud LB Brandon Spikes for a good old fashioned eye gouge, the Gators finally looked like the #1 team in all the land during this dismantling. Tebow had 2 TDs on the ground, and 2 through the air to finally look like that Heisman guy we all remember. Meanwhile, the Dawgs gave the ball away 4 times to Florida's 0...not a winning recipe.
#3 Texas (-9) @ #14 Oklahoma St.
Pick: Texas -9
Result: 41-14 Texas: Win
Another absolute beatdown. Colt McCoy only threw for 149 and 1 TD, but Zac Robinson felt like throwing to UT's players as much as Colt did with 4 picks on the day. The Horns D took back 2 of those picks for TDs and the Offense only had to not screw up to complete this beatdown. Mack Brown's complete dominance of the Cowboys (he's never lost) continues another year.
#5 USC (-3) @ #10 Oregon
Pick: USC -3
Result: 47-20 Oregon: L
I'm such a freaking pansy, I mean, I might as well be wearing a skirt while making picks. To quote Thursday: "Man, I want to pick Oregon here, I really wanna take Oregon. USC the last couple weeks has had some real close calls, their D has gotten shredded lately, and the Ducks can put up points..." Should've trusted my gut, but I'm a lil girl it appears. The Ducks flat out killed USC. The Trojans haven't had a loss this bad since 1997. It's their first double digit loss since 2001. Jeremiah Masoli showed he doesn't need LaGarrette Blount, throwing for 222 and running for another 164 w/ 2 combined TDs. His other RB, LaMichael James (seriously, Oregon...slow your roll w/ the gratuitous name prefixes) went off for another 183 and a TD. The Ducks put up 613 total yards on the Trojans...613!! Hell of a win in what some people are calling the end of an era. I wouldn't go that far yet, SC will be back, they aren't dead yet. But I'd be lying if I said I don't love seeing them get crushed. If only I had the testicular fortitude to pick it.
#22 S. Carolina @ Tennessee (-6)
Pick: UT -6
Result: 31-13 Tenn: W
Well at least the game I felt the most confident about came through for me. SCAR gave the ball away 4 times whlie Tennessee score 2 through the air and RB Montario Hardesty (the man behind the black jerseys along w/ Beastmaster Eric Berry according to ESPN) had a huge week, running for 121 and 2 TDs.
Washington St. @ #25 Notre Dame (-27.5)
Pick: ND -27.5
Result: 40-14 ND: L
Damn you Vegas...so so so close. Obviously 4 TD lines are meant to punish you, but getting so tantalizingly close just hurts. As for the game itself, it was a pretty one sided affair. Jimmy Clausen went for 268 yds and 2 TD's on 22 of 27 passing. While many, including me, probably expected better numbers, Jimmy didn't even play the full game, giving way to backups in the 2nd half after getting a lil banged up and the result no longer being in question. The Irish had a fantastically balanced attack w/ 337 through the air and a 255 on the ground thanks to Robert Hughes and all kinds of Leprecat shenanigans. The play of the day tho came at the end of the 1st half when Golden Tate felt like reminding everyone once again that he's insanely better than everyone else:
Seriously...dude's a freak.
Record this week: 2-3
Record for the year: 16-24 (.400)
But how did you kids fare?
Matt
Results this week: 3-2
Results for the year: 20-18 (.526)
Judson
Results this week: 3-2
Results for the year: 22-18 (.550)
Kristin
Results this week: 2-3
Results for the year:9-22 (.290)
David L.
Results this week: 2-3
Results for the year: 18-17 (.514)
Ryan
Results this week:2-3
Results for the year: 15-25 (.375)
Donnie B
Results this week: 2-3
Results for the year: 14-21 (.400)
2-3's abound again. Nobody was worse than that, we're slowly improving. Let's keep this trend goin kids. Til tomorrow.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Me? I want Alabama to beat Florida and go to the National Championship against Texas. Then I want LSU to win out and go to the Sugar Bowl. And I want Notre Dame to win out, but finish outside the BCS Top 14.
That way, Notre Dame plays Oklahoma or Oklahoma State in the Cotton Bowl in DALLAS!!!
Post a Comment