To start, an apology. I blew it last week, didn't get picks up before heading up to ND. What can I say, I can give excuses like class, or my clinic case getting busy, but let's be serious, you will think I'm a failure anyway, so let's leave it at that. The Scoreboard has been updated w/ the week 6 results over on the right side. Also, NBA starts up this week. Spurs led it off with a curbstomp of the Hornets last night, and tonight they have the Bulls. Spurs issues with back to backs are well noted, but I like this matchup tonight as well. I'll have a post up on my thoughts on the Spurs and NBA as a whole at some point next week, but I want this marked down right now. DeJuan Blair is your Rookie of the Year. The dude's is an absolute freak and a black hole on the boards. Now, onto the picks
Georgia @ #1 Florida (-14.5) (Game in Jacksonville)
Pick: UGA +14.5
Ah the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party, this game is on my bucket list of matchups to hit up at some point in my life. But what about this year? To start, the fact that Tebow is still in contention for the Heisman absolutely blows my mind. I mean, look at these numbers: 84 of 132, 1159 yds 8 TDs 4INTs, 466 rushing yards, 6 rushing TDs...really, that's a Heisman contender? Either way, the Florida D has been fantastic all year long, but there are some issues on O, even though they've gotten by unscathed to this point. The last few weeks have been close calls for the Gators, I think this will be another one. Richt tends to do some damage in this game when you least expect it, I think we'll see it again this year. Gators probably take this one again, but I'm guessing by 7 or less.
#3 Texas (-9) @ #14 Oklahoma St.
Pick: Texas -9
Oh what this game could've been. Without Dez Bryant, I just don't think that Okie St has the firepower to keep up with the Horns. Texas finally got their offense back on track, and the Cowboys aren't exactly known for being defensive stoppers. I think UT just has the Cowboys beat at every side of the matchup and could see this being a pretty high scoring game.
#5 USC (-3) @ #10 Oregon
Pick: USC -3
Man, I want to pick Oregon here, I really wanna take Oregon. USC the last couple weeks has had some real close calls, their D has gotten shredded lately, and the Ducks can put up points. The problem with USC is they have been sneaking by each week, and I think there is just too much talent on that team for Oregon. They'v already had their mystery Pac 10 loss, and as much as I want to pick the Ducks, I gotta go with the smart pick to try and save my brutal record.
#22 S. Carolina @ Tennessee (-6)
Pick: UT -6
Not gonna lie, when I saw this matchup I was thinkin I got my upset special now, I'm gonna get a nice line to play with, this will be great. Freakin Vegas, always inside of my soul, have UT as a 6 point favorite. No matter, I don't trust the OBC this year, especially having to go to Neyland. Plus, Kiffin is all pumped up cause Weezy name-checked him, that's gotta be worth at least 3 points.
Washington St. @ #25 Notre Dame (-27.5)
Pick: ND -27.5
So ND, a team that since week 1 has had every game come down to the last drive, finds itself back in the top 25 as a 4 TD favorite. Why would I possibly pick the Cardiac Catholics to cover 28? Well, in part, I'm a huge homer. The other reason? Wazzu is terrible, 1-6 on the year, and they give up points by the boatload. Not only that, but ND's offense was not fantastic last week, and they will be looking to come back strong and put up points. Look for Golden Tate to have yet another 100+yard game and Clausen go for probably over 400yds. Hopefully I'll be able to sit back and enjoy an Irish game as opposed to wondering if my blood pressure is higher than the attendance at the stadium.
So there they are kids, go to work.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
1. UGA + 14.5. I agree. Jesus sucks.
2. Oklahoma State + 9. I love my friends, but it would be hilarious if they went up there to see the horns lose.
3. Oregon + 3. I dont trust USC.
4. UT - 6. I agree.
5. Wash State + 27.5. Line too big. I didn't even know who I was going to see this weekend until now. Maybe that line isn't too big...
1. Ge-oh-juh. Florida is o-ver-ra-ted *clap, clap, clap clap clap*
2. Texas. Please.
3. Oregon. Quack, quack, bitches. All the rules wrapped into one. Home dog against a publically-loved team. Bring it on.
4. SCARRRRRRRRRRRRR matey.
5. Wash St. As Matty said, too big a line. Simple as that. ND (definitely) wins.
1. UGA
2. OK State
3. USC
4. Tennessee
5. Wash St. Clearly we will win but I'm not convinced we'll win by that much. Here's to hoping the Irish prove me wrong!
1. UGA +14.5. For Colin, and because I hate Florida and want the media off their nuts.
2. UT -9. Agree with eddie, sans Dez Bryant, Cowboys don't have a chance
3. Oregon +3. I am only making 1 homer pick this weekend, as will be seen below
4. SCAR +6. You don't trust the Ole Ball Coach...I don't trust Crompton
5. ND -27.5. I am glad this line moved down from 31, b/c then i would have picked washington state. i don't think we will cover b/c i think charlie will take his foot off the accelerator after we jump out to a 3-TD lead, but i still can't pick against us
1) UGA - Don't think Florida is able to cover like they used to any more, even at home.
2) OK State - Not sold on the Horns at all this season. Collapse time on the road.
3) Oregon - Time for another USC meltdown. Ducks are playing some serious ball right now.
4) The USC I don't hate - Never wise to underestimate the power of Cocks... Ok in all seriousness, freakin' Auburn beat UT. Not sold, not at all. Time for the trap to slam on me.
5) The Permanent Gameday Flag - This game should clearly be a blowout. Therefore Clausen leads us on a game winning drive to close the game out.
Shoot, it's 12:41 and I don't know if any of these games have started yet, but those that have, you can strike them.
1) Georgia.
2) Oklahoma St.
3) Oregon
4) SOuth Carolina
5) Washington St.
Seems like I'm picking all the underdogs this week. This might not be smart. Oh well.
Note: I just looked at the start times for all the games, and I made all of them by at least 2 hours.
Post a Comment