So after some great games in week 1, we've got a pretty solid slate for week 2, including a huge matchup between OSU and USC. Let's get right to it, shall we?
#3 USC (-7) @ #8 OSU
Pick: USC -7
I can't believe that I'm picking USC to cover in a game where they have a freshman QB starting his 2nd game ever, in one of the most impressive home field advantage giving stadiums the country has in the Shoe. Yet at the same time, I can't believe this line isn't double digits. USC eviscerated SJSU with no remorse. Granted, yes, they are terrible. OSU on the other hand had to stop a 2 point conversion at the buzzer to squeak out a win against Navy. Now Navy is a much better 1st game opponent than SJSU, without question. However, if OSU really thinks they are National Champion caliber this year, they've got to put on a better performance than that. I'm still not sold on Terrell Pryor, and even with unproven talent, USC still gets the edge over OSU at pretty much every position. Plus, we've all seen what happens when OSU leaves their conference. This reeks of a Pete Carroll "win forever" bloodbath.
UCLA @ Tennesse (-10)
Pick: UCLA +10
Man, I know Crompton looked good week 1, but he's still Jonathan Crompton, and it was Western Kentucky. 10 Points seems like wayyyyyy too much to give to Kiffykins this early. Not only that, but for some reason I like what Neuheisel is doing out in LA. I could be way off on this game, I really don't have a great feel for either of these teams. But this 10 point line just seems like way too much to me. Take the points.
South Carolina @ #21 Georgia (-6.5)
Pick: Georgia -6.5
The OBC got himself an ugly win last Thursday to open up the football season over NCST, while Georgia suffered a tough, injury filled loss at Oklahoma St. Logic would say I should pick the Gamecocks (teehee) in this one, wouldn't it? Well, logic has no place here. Georgia's season could very well hang in the balance in this game. If the Dawgs drop a 2nd straight week, in a conference game, they could be staring down the barrel of a sub .500 season really quick. Coach Richt knows this and will have his boys fired up to play. Plus, these days it seems like Spurrier would rather be on the golf course than the field. Yah click clack.
Miss. St @ Auburn (-14)
Pick: Miss. St. +14
TAKE THE UNDER!!!!!!1111!!!111!!!! I somewhat joke, but these two gave us one of the ugliest, most unwatchable abortions of a game last year with their 3-2 tallest midget contest. That alone makes me think that 14 points is a gift, nicely wrapped with a pretty bow for all of us. Combine that with the fact that Gene Chizik, who was by all accounts God awful at Iowa St, is now coaching in the SEC? I'll gladly take the points in this one.
#18 Notre Dame (-3.5) @ Michigan
Pick: ND -3.5
While I know I'm a huge homer, when it comes to betting, I try to be as rational as possible. When talking with a friend earlier this week, I figured the line would open at like 9 or 10. The fact that it has been between 3 and 4 all week astounds me. Yes, FB James Aldridge will be missing for the Irish, but ND is plugging in brusing RB Robert Hughes. The thought of Hughes and Armando Allen in the same backfield is amazing to me. Now throw in Jimmy's near flawless performance last week tossing to Golden and Michael "The Cannon" Floyd, and this could get high scoring in a hurry. Michigan says that Forcier will be there starter this week, which is interesting as he and Clausen knew each other back in Cali, and he spent summers in the past at CW's summer camps. UM looked pretty good on O last week, and will get their points, but I think ND will take advantage of their secondary with ease and win this one by 17.
There they are kids, make your picks in the comments, remember, we are picking against the spread. If you did it last week you can see your scores in the scoreboard on the right sidebar. If you missed out, don't worry, feel free to join in this week. It's wholesome family fun. Go get em kids
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
1) USC -- if you can't take out Navy with ease, USC kills you (just ask us)
2) Tenn -- it isn't Western Kentucky but it is Pac 10
3) Cocks -- humor aside, I can't see Georgia covering after last week's mess...plus we don't even know who the starting QB is for the game yet!
4) Miss St. -- Auburn doesn't beat anyone by 2 TDs when they are good, much less now.
5) ND -- Muck Fichigan, this game will be decided by more than a FG easily.
1) USC - if by we've all seen what happens when OSU leaves their conference you mean we all see what happens anytime a Big 10 team plays in anything remotely resembling a big game than yes.
2)Tenn. - I don't believe in anyone in the Pac-10 other than SC
3) UGA - Don't like either team but if the Gamecocks could only get 7 on NC State, and only because of a fumble, they're not scoring many on Georgia.
4)Miss. St. - Too many points for crappy offenses to cover here.
5) ND - was wrong last week, I plan on getting to listen to a very quiet 110,000 on Saturday.
1. USC
2. UCLA
3. SCAR
4. Miss St.
5. Michigan. Saved all my comments for this one. Eddie knows my take on this, so he can stop reading. The rest of you don't care, but here goes.
ND has way more loyal fans right now. 84% of the money is going to ND and yet the line has moved down since it opened at -4. That's a pretty confident Vegas.
Also, I love underdogs at home. Too sexy to resist.
But mostly: this line looks too good to be true. This reeks of Vegas sucking us in on what appears to be free money only to get clowned.
I know I've picked against ND twice now, but I promise I don't hate ND. Just ask Eddie. I hate Michigan way more. Again, would be happy to be wrong here, but I truly feel that I'm missing something that Vegas isn't. Also, going against ND is the only way to make-up ground on this board, you f'ing homers. ;-)
Peace.
I didn't put any picks in last week, but I think losing an All-American tight end and the defending Heisman winner on the same day gets me 2 bonus points. So I'll start from there:
1) USC -- Sweater vests have no power in the summer heat. Trust me. I know.
2) UCLA -- I don't know who will actually win, but I don't think it will be Tennessee by 10 or more...
3) Georgia -- Mostly cause I feel bad Colin drove all the way to Stillwater to see them lose. They need a pick me up.
4) Miss. St. -- I totally agree with your assessment.
5) ND -- I'm not a ND fan by any stretch of the imagination. I still kinda hate you guys for snapping our 47 game winning streak...but I think you win this one 42-7. RichRod is a tool.
1) USC -- Sweater vests have no power in the summer heat. Trust me. I know.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. It's funny cause you wear sweater vests. Well played Don
1. USC to cover
2. Tenn to cover
3. Georgia to cover
4. Miss. State to cover, Auburn to win
5. ND to win
1) USC to cover - tOSU just sucks, end of discussion. And the game was 35-3 last year? Yeah, really close.
2) Tennessee - They're better than you think. Crompton sucks, but those 3 RBs don't.
3) South Carolina - I don't know if either team will score 7, so I have to pick the dog here.
4) Miss. St. - Mullen has Miss. St. not looking terrible, and I don't trust Chizik.
5) Notre Dame - I don't pick against my alma mater unless they prove they suck. They're far from that right now.
Well I missed the boat last week, but I'm getting my picks in on time this week (even if just barely)...
1. USC
2. Tenn.
3. Georgia
4. Miss. St.
5. Notre Dame of course.
Perhaps I'll attempt some colorful commentary next week, but for now I'm gonna rest up for the beatdown Michael Floyd and the rest of the boys are gonna dish out at the big house. :-)
Post a Comment