So over the last 2 weeks or so I've had a ton of things I've wanted to write about, yet inexplicably haven't. So let's try an knock some of them out all in one huh?
~Most importantly, at least for me...Darrin Walls is done for the year with the Irish. All the school said is for personal reasons, so it could be it actually is a personal reason, but most speculation is going with a lot of rumors about academic problems. I'm hoping whatever it is that D Walls gets it figured out so he can come back in the spring. However, if it is academic...what the hell dude?? I mean, here you are arguably the most important player of the D for this year (You can make the argument for Crum) and are one of the keys to the secondary that most people see as a strength for the Irish this year (I can't believe I just typed that). You've got a responsibility man, I'm not saying I want academic all-american out of you but freaking qualify. The hope now is that Raeshon Mcneil is ready to step up and that Gary Gray has healed up from the injuries that kept him out last year.
~Let's stick with ND for a bit, a new AD was hired, and he's someone nobody knows. Apparently a bigwig in Indianapolis, got them the superbowl, which is impressive, since its...you know...Indianapolis. As long as he cares more about football than fencing he's got my support, just remember where you are at buddy.
~A lot of NBA moves since the draft have gone down, seems like most of it in Cali too (for a quick look: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=PlayerMovement-2008-09 ). Elton Brand leaves the Clips for the 76ers, right after Baron Davis signs with the Clips.
Corey Maggette also leaves LA, sadly not for the Spurs as many rumors said, but to the Warriors in a psuedo trade. The Hornets added James Posey, which does NOT make me happy. Spurs signed Roger Mason...eh, whatever. The Spurs lost Brent Barry (to Houston) can't say I love it, but it's not a huge loss. Hopefully the Spurs make another move before the season starts. The only thing that has really stunned me so far was that Gil stayed put with the Wizards...I thought he was gonezo.
~All-Star game was fun, it went from a pitchers duel to a classic in a hurry. I still couldnt believe when the NL had bases loaded with no outs in the...12th I think...and didn't score.
Also, Dan Uggla is literally the worst all star EVER. 3 K's, GIDP to end an inning with runners at the corners, and 2 errors...brutal guy. As for the home run derby, Hamilton was awesome, but was there any doubt he was gonna blow it at the end after as many swings as he had taken? Also, you can always leave it to ESPN to beat a story into the ground, YES we know he did a lot of crack, we know he lost his shot at the league but got to come back, yeah it's all well and good, SHUT UP CHRIS BERMAN!! After the 32nd go round you are really just making me want him to fail.
~Now I know I say this will be mostly a blog about sports, but it's my blog so pretty much I do what I want, stick with me. Plus, this is kinda sports. NCAA 09 came out last week, as always a day I look forward to far more than any normal person should. I'm pretty sure the amount of time I've already put into the game is a perfect explanation of why I'm single. So far I'm really enjoying it, but the game has a lot of problems. Allegedly they're fixing em, and I hope they do, but worst case it's still a very enjoyable game. That, and the ability to have an online dynasty with your buddies across the country is both one of the coolest things I've seen in a game as well as the worst things that could ever happen to me. That and it affirmed why I hate the BCS. Year 1 I went undefeated with ND but was relegated to a Rose Bowl rematch w/ USC while UF played OSU for the title. Weak
~Finally, go see The Dark Knight...right now. One of the best movies I've seen in awhile, infinitely better than the first one. Ledger was amazing in his last flick, it was actually frightening how good he was. I don't wanna say too much about it because I don't want to give anything away.
Olympics are just a few weeks away, I can't wait, especially for the basketball. I'm a little worried about how the US set up the team, but I'll get to that at a later point. Most importantly, kick off is only 47 days away. Football is coming kids. That's it, good night now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment